Byron Bantam Girls Competitive Fastball Team
Byron is excited to announce we are holding tryouts for a competitive Bantam Fastball team to play at the highest possible caliber for the summer of 2016. (and beyond!)
This is a new team and will NOT replace the Byron Competitive Team that plays in the Tri-County League.
Please see rest of article to learn more and make sure you complete the mandatory tryout registration survey
if your daughter would like to tryout.
1. Develop team chemistry and fundamental skills while ensuring an elite level of fitness throughout the fall and winter. Practice all year!
2. Compete against Tier 1 competition in league play. Practices and games will have a level of intensity befitting of athletes who take their sports seriously.
3. Enter showcase tournaments in the U.S. and Canada for girls who are looking to get noticed and advance their softball career. At the Bantam age some players will already be investigating post-secondary opportunities.
4. Go for it all!! Compete for the Tier 1 provincial championship with the goal of qualifying for Ontario Games and competing at Nationals.
Who is Coaching?
Toby O'Hara, a self-described "enthusiastic organizer" has been a coach of both Fastball and Hardball in the Byron Association over the last 5 years. After the roster is finalized, Toby will round out his coaching staff ensuring a high fastball I.Q., necessary certifications, and positive role models are in place to help the team achieve its goals.
Process for selection:
Two tryouts will be held:
1. September 9, 2015 - 6:30pm to 9:30pm at Byron Complex Diamond #2 (Boler Road)
2. September 13, 2015 - 6:00pm to 9:00pm at Byron Complex Diamond #2
The team is expected to be selected after the 2nd tryout. This will allow unsuccessful candidates to continue to tryout out for all of the other local associations.
During the tryouts,
Toby will work with independent, non-parent evaluators from the local softball community to receive their recommendations for the most competitive roster.
Volunteer coaches have been arranged to run the practice plan.
You must compete the following tryout registration link if you'd like to tryout.
If unable to access link, hard copies will be available at the tryouts.
There is no charge to tryout.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Toby O'Hara
We look forward to seeing you on the 9th. We also suggest subscribing to this website (bottom left of screen) to receive notifications of new articles and/or events for this team.